Wed, 14 Nov 2018, 10:48
Please see Communication article sent by GUI Communication Department.
Please note the two Venue highlighted below (Athenry & Castle Dargan) that are relevant to Connacht.
These will fill on a First Come First Served basis so get your Clubs booked in early.
From: Alan Kelly – GUI [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: 13 November 2018 15:49
To: GUI Communications Department
Subject: Changes to Rules of Golf – Roadshows – Book Now
BOOK YOUR PLACE AT A RULES ROADSHOW NOW
Golf’s new rules, recently published by The R&A and USGA, will come into effect on 1 January 2019, and will see some of the most fundamental changes in the way the game is played in generations.
The Irish Ladies Golf Union and the Golfing Union of Ireland are working together to support Golf Club committees in coping with their introduction, and have organised a series of fourteen roadshows to be held on 10th, 12th and 13th December all over Ireland to help committee members understand the issues that will face them in managing this change.
The sessions will be facilitated by experienced referees from the ILGU and the GUI, and will focus on three fundamental areas of change in golf’s new rules – terminology, fundamental principles and issues for the Committee to consider.
These sessions are tailored for committee members in golf clubs, who are also recommended to consult the new ‘Committee Toolkit’ available on The R&A’s website, which includes a local rules builder and a large number of helpful downloadable resources. To view, click here: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/pages/committee-toolkit.
In the new year, the Unions will also be creating a facility for golf clubs to request a Rules night for their members, facilitated by up to two qualified referees from the GUI and ILGU. Further information on how golf clubs can request rules nights will be made available in December.
BOOK ONE OF THE ROADSHOWS BELOW:
· All sessions will commence at 7.00pm and run for approximately two hours.
· Tea & coffee will be available on arrival.
· All attendees MUST book their session at the links below. In the event that a session is booked out, those interested may register for the waiting list for that session, or chose an alternative.
MONDAY 10 DECEMBER 2018
· Malone Golf Club: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52480393269
WEDNESDAY 12 DECEMBER 2018
· Castetroy Park Hotel, Limerick: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52481223753
· Clanree Hotel, Letterkenny: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52481558755
· Dundalk: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52480819544
· Dun Laoghaire Golf Club: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52480645022
· Massereene Golf Club: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52481194666
· NEW Raheen Woods Hotel, Athenry: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52481348125
THURSDAY 13 DECEMBER 2018
· NEW Castle Dargan Hotel & Golf Resort, Sligo: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52481334083
· Donabate Golf Club: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52480786445
· Mallow GAA & Sports Complex: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52481295969
· Mullingar Golf Club: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52529135057
· Shandon Park Golf Club: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52481136492
· Talbot Hotel, Carlow: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52480805502
· Westmanstown Golf Club: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rules-roadshow-for-golf-committees-tickets-52480689154
Alan Kelly MPRII Dip ESA
A: Carton Demesne | Maynooth | Co Kildare | W23 R8C6 | Ireland
T: +353 (0)1 5054000 | M: +353 (0)870 679 879 | W: www.golfnet.ie
Marie Gibbons / Administrator / Golfing Union of Ireland, Connacht Branch
Breaffy Business Centre / Breaffy / Castlebar / Co. Mayo / Ireland
Tel 094-9028141 – Fax 094-9028143 – Mob 086-6016553